-->

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Blackest of Black Thumbs


This site is dedicated to all the plants I have killed, which is many, in my misguided attempts to fill my life with greenery.  Fortunately, in recent years, I have found that a combination of Dummies guides and helpful friends make quite a difference and no one has to remain a “black thumb” forever.  Oh, and Pinterest.  How can I forget all the random things I’ve learned from Pinterest?

Many of us did not learn all the little things you need to know to keep plants healthy and happy before deciding to try our hands at indoor and/or outdoor gardening.  Sometimes a small shift in available sunlight or dryness in the air inside your house can make all the difference.  And who knew how important it was to find out which direction your windows face?  If you live in a townhouse, condo or apartment, there is a chance that none of your windows face that perfect direction or maybe you think you don’t have enough space to make a garden you’ll be happy with. 

This is a site for beginner gardeners (or those willing to give it another try) and those angels of mercy who take pity on us and plants, in general.  If you have a gardening question you need answered or some great green thumb advice, please send an email to DCLostGirl@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Since we bought our house (almost two years ago)I keep telling myself that I WILL garden. Hopefully, this blog willbe JUST what I need to get going!!

    ReplyDelete

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.